Vacation Bible School!

Tomorrow is the big day.  All the hard work, stress, lack of sleep, advertising, and recruiting is over.  The materials are purchased and the rooms are decorated.  As I walk through the hallways, I am overwhelmed by God's faithfulness and blessings to my church and me.

A year ago, I decided to answer God's call to leave First Assembly of God, not knowing where He would take me.  Here I am at an incredible church with amazing people and an opportunity to minister to more children at one time than ever before.  I cannot move forward with giving God thanks for all He has done.

I am reminded of one of the songs from this year's VBS.  "I'm feeling kind of sad and afraid and kind of angry too...God give me strength and help me find my way."  It's chorus says that no matter how I feel right now I will trust in [God].  So here I am trusting in God.  I am believing that God will do incredible things next week and lives will be changed forever.

No deep thoughts this time, just some helpful advice from Proverbs. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS