No Matter Where You Are...TRUST GOD!

Vacation Bible School is this week, so I am going to blog every night about the night's experiences.




We did it!  The week is over.  The decorations are down, the materials are put away, and the lights are turned down.  Another VBS for the history books.  I could not have made it without an amazing team helping me along the way.  Here are some things I've learned through this latest journey:

  • When advertising say pre-registration and not just registration.I had several calls all week asking if their kids could still come to VBS even though they didn't register before the event.  After pondering why this question would surface I've narrowed it down to this possibility.  People were confused and led to believe that if they didn't register early they couldn't register at all.  That's easily fixed next year.
  • Don't put VBS in the same month that everything else is going on.This month alone, I went to Orlando for JBQ national finals, went to Kids camp with 13 kids by myself just outside Birmingham, helped with the Father's Day Car show, led two VBS training meetings, had four VBS work days, and led VBS.  It's been a busy month.  Next yea,r I will try to spread out my summer more so that everything isn't so crammed into one month.
  • Bring Preschool into the conversation and creation earlierKeesha did a great job leading the preschool and even worked to recruit many of the station leaders and crew leaders.  While this help is invaluable, I seriously underutilized her talents and slighted what the preschool could be.  Preschool VBS was great, but it could have been better if I had brought a preschool expert in on the preparation earlier.  
  • Put a place for names on the feedback paper
    I gave out feedback papers on Thursday, and got almost 100% return.  On the back of the form, I asked if anyone was interested in getting more information for working in children's church.  Many people said they were, but none of them put their name!  Next time, I need to put a place for their name so this doesn't happen again.
These are just a few things I learned during this VBS.  What did you learn?  

Comments

  1. I spent a lot of time in preschool each night and let me say it was FABULOUS!!!! Every station had those kids attention. Jeff and Wendy made the Bible stories come alive. Those children will never forget this VBS experience. From crafts to stories, to videos etc... Keesha and the preschool VBS team were AWESOME!!! Evangel is so blessed by their leadership with are little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS