Something Greater

I didn't really like the prompt for today, but since this is a 30 day writing challenge I figured I should write something, so here goes.

Do you ever get the feeling that there should be something more?  something greater?  A higher calling?  Or, on a similar note, that people are involved in something and because of your circumstances you are left behind?  Sometimes I find myself with these feelings. 

Yesterday I posted about opportunities covered by the mundane.  It is so easy to be caught up in the quagmire of everyday life that we forget to look around us.  Forget about the people who care for us.  The mission, job, project, task that God has given us. 

Our culture screams if you want it bad enough you can have it.  While I agree with this to an extent, we can forget what is right in front of us.  As the wise old Yoda told us about young Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars reference) "He was too focused on the future, not on the present and not on what he was doing."  I paraphrased a bit, it's been a while since I've seen the movie, but he makes his point. 

Here's the bottom line.  Maybe we are doing something greater, we are just so focused on what others are doing that we don't see it.  Or maybe we are not ready for those great things, and God is preparing us for them. 

Think about what you're working on.  Does it benefit others?  Will people's lives be impacted?  Can an action you take today have eternal effects on your or someone else's life?  If the answer is no, then to borrow a line from Switchfoot "This is your life, are you who you want to be?"  If the answer is yes, then God may have you where you are for a reason.  Don't be so hurried to move on that you miss what he is trying to do in you and/or through you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS