Dare to Move

Today's #trust30 post is about going after a goal and overcoming the obstacles.

It has always been my goal to pursue higher learning.  Even though I just earned my bachelor's degree last year, It has never been my intention to stop there.  So why have I stopped after a year and half?  Several obstacles are in my way:

  1. I work 2 jobs so I almost have no free time to pursue a degree
  2. My wife is in school pursuing her bachelor's degree so there is a already a financial burden
  3. I'm not sure of the cost or the financial aid that is available for advanced degrees
  4. I haven't decided which path to take, math, education, ministry? There are too many options
 So here is my plan:  First I need to get a job that can support my family so that I can have prioritize my time effectively.  Second, I am going to wait for my wife to get her degree so that we don't have to pay double for books.  While she is in school I will continue to do some soul searching and decide which degree would best suit me for my current life-path.  Once that is chosen I can choose a school and see what financial aid is available.

So there's my goal and my plan.  Stick around for a couple of years and find out if I accomplish my goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS