What I read in 2018



This year was full of big changes.  In October, I accepted a new position at Church of Hope in Sarasota, Florida and said goodbye to all the friends we made in Montgomery.  With that change came a lot of stress.  As a result, I read a lot more fiction this year, than I have in a long time.

My favorite book this year by far was The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile.  If you didn't hear about the Enneagram this year, you may be living under a rock, but I can say that it is so much more than a personality assessment.  It's about understanding the why of who you are and finding spiritual renewal as you search for health.  I have to say this book has impacted the way I look at life and how I interact with others second only to the Bible.  If you haven't read it yet, you should.

So here's my list for 2018 in no particular order:

  1. The Bible
  2. The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
  3. It's Just a Phase 3 by Kristin Ivy and Reggie Joiner
  4. How to Right Great Copy by Dominic Gettins
  5. Leia, Princess of Alderaan by Claudia Gray
  6. Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
  7. Hungry Humble Hustle by Brad Lomenick
  8. Predictable Success by Les McKeown
  9. The Myth of Balance by Frank Bealer
  10. The Art of Group Talk: Kids by Afton Manny
  11. Gen Z by David Kinnaman
  12. Lasting Impact by Carey Nieuwhof
  13. Leading not Normal Volunteers by Adam Duckworth and Sue Miller
  14. The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
  15. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  16. Church Growth Flywheel by Rich Birch
  17. Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews
  18. The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
  19. Outreach 100 (magazine)
What did you read?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS