My Farewell to Evangel



I have set out to write this post several times. It has been difficult to put into words all that Evangel means to me.


When I started this journey with you seven years ago, I was eager, young, and fresh. I was starting my dream job doing what I know God had called me to do. I didn’t know exactly what that looked like or the path I would eventually take, but I am thankful for where I am today.


As I say goodbye, the hardest part is saying goodbye to all the relationships that I have built over the past years.


To Pastor Mike, and my fellow pastors, Pastor Bill, Pastor Chris, and Pastor Devon, you have been great friends as we’ve pushed each other to grow. To Lawana who has always had a listening ear and encouraging word. To Connie who we always joked that we missed each other over lunch. It’s not a joke anymore. To Crystal my sister from another mother. You’re leaving at the same time I am, but for great joy. I will miss your infectious laugh, you impatient prodding to get the work done and all the sushi. So much sushi.


To my department heads, Christina, Cassie, Lisa, Gwen, Kym, Craig, Ashley, Ben, Cristina, Keesha, and all those who served before. It has been a delight to serve with you and stretch you as you grew into stronger leaders that are living out your calling. Thank you for your patience and belief in me. Thank you for being willing to be my guinea pigs as I tried new ideas. I always told you this day would come, and now it’s time for you to be my guinea pigs once more as you take up the mantel of leadership and continue to work to develop an authentic faith in Jesus Christ in the kids we serve.


The hardest part of leaving is saying goodbye to the young ones I have invested so much in over the years. It has been pure joy to watch you grow and develop into the people God has made you to be. I know God has great things planned for each of you. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life, Harmon McDonald, Micah Brown, Chelsea Martin, Brandon Martin, Nana Tuffour, Jessie Lipska, Grace Dupre, Landon Oswald, Monica Jennings, Camelia Grace Matthes, Madalyn Barfield and so many more. I will miss not having a voice in your life every week, but I know you are in good hands.


Children’s ministry has the unique opportunity to see the diamonds in the rough, the undeveloped calling God has placed on each of us. Kids are learning and developing faster than you can imagine and working with them, you not only get a front row seat, you get to see who God has made them to be and, if you’re lucky, you get to play a part in calling it out of them. I have had the privilege to call it out of your kids for the last seven years and I am thankful that you trusted me enough to teach them. I will miss you all but be thankful that this is only the end of a season and there are greater things to come for you, for me, and our whole church family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS