What I Read in 2016


This year I set out to read only 10 books.  I guess I went a little overboard and read 18 instead.  I became a parent in early 2015 and started leading a parent lifegroup in 2016, so I spent a lot more time reading parenting books than I ever have before.

I've also gone all in on the Rethink Group's ministry philosophy of Orange, so I read a lot of those books as well.  Here's the list with links.

  1. Talk Now and Later by Brian Dollar 
  2. The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
  3. It's Just a Phase by Reggie Joiner and Kristin Ivy
  4. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
  5. Creating A Lead Small Culture by Reggie Joiner, Kristin Ivy, and Elle Campbell
  6. Children's Ministry Leadership by Jim Wideman 
  7. Good or God by John Bevere
  8. Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
  9. One and Two by Reggie Joiner and Kristin Ivy
  10. Connect with Kids by Jim Wideman 
  11. Don't Miss It by Reggie Joiner and Kristin Ivy
  12. Parent Chat by Matt McKee
  13. The 3 Big Questions for a Frantic Family by Patrick Lencioni
  14. Scaling Up by Verne Harnish
  15. A New Kind of Leader by Reggie Joiner
  16. Front Row Leadership by Rob Ketterling
  17. Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson 
  18. Stretch by Jim Wideman
What did you read?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS