Praising God in Spite of your Success


Success is awesome.  Having a bunch of people telling you how great a job you're doing gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling and can cause you to ride high for days.  I love to hear it and love to give it.

However, there is a downside.  It can all go to your head.  God can bring you to a place, give you opportunity, prepare you with the necessary skills and walk with you all the way, then when it all comes together, you drop God faster than flaming hot lump of coal from the furnace.  How do I know?  I've done it more times than I care to tell.

Recently in my prayer time, God reminded me to not forget who I'm doing all this for.  Who am I working for really?  Who made all this possible?  Who put me in this place with these people with this skill set?

God did.

Facing the Giants had the same concept.  In everything they did they praised Him.  I know this is churchy and I cringe at the phrasing, but the truth remains.

Let God work through you and in you, but when you are congratulated for all the good work, don't forget to point to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS