Do You Puke Vision?

Last week I attended the Orange Conference.  It was a great week of equipping and refocus for me and my wife Liz.  In our last break-out session the leader, Joy Bowen, made us promise not to "puke vision" when we come back home.

I though that was funny and a good reminder to leaders.  How many times do we go away to a conference, meeting, or trip to just come back and tell our team all the things we are going to do.  Sadly in our excitement we don't allow for essential buy-in or to even think through our ideas.  We end up scaring our team as well as hurting our integrity, because we end up doing only half (if we're lucky) of what we said we were going to do.

So as I check myself, I beg you don't puke vision.  Take the time to think through your ideas, make a plan, organize resources, build buy-in, then roll out the ideas when the time is right.  Maxwell says that the right idea at the wrong time is still the wrong idea.  Let's commit today to do the necessary leg work and restrain ourselves from puking vision.

Have you ever "puked vision"?  Leave a comment below and tell us what you learned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS