Ahh...Christmas Music

I have a confession to make: I used to hate Christmas music.  Shocking, maybe even sacrilegious, I know, but I did.  My wife would try to play the stuff before Thanksgiving and I'd shut that down faster than... well you get the idea.  Once the Christmas season started I would avoid those all Christmas music all the time radio stations like they're the plague.

I started thinking about why I hate the music so much, and I came to some realizations.

  1. All my Christmas music and most of what I was listening to has been the same music since Home Alone 1.  
  2. I thought all Christmas albums were unimaginative covers of Christmas songs that were written last century.  
  3. Everything sounded the same after a while.
This year, I decided to branch out, thanks mostly to Relevant Magazine, who continues to introduce me to new music.  All of sudden, I started to hear songs and remixes of songs I'd never heard before.  I started looking forward to Christmas music.

So what have I done?  I downloaded some free albums from lifechurch.tv and Relevant. (the relevant album is only to subscribers.)  You can download those albums here and here.  I also started listening to different radio stations on Pandora and Relevant.fm.

Now I am a Christmas music lover, and I may (gasp) actually buy a Christmas album for next year.

What's your favorite Christmas song?  Were you once a Christmas music hater?
Please leave feedback in the comment section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS