American Evangelism

Lately I have been digging in modern evangelical ideas through podcasts, blogs, and books, and it has been eye opening to how the church is changing.  I can feel it.  Maybe this is the way Jesus really wanted the church to be.  Something greater, something that has more meaning.  Something that will make an impact in the community and not just on the congregants in the church.  Shouldn't the church be more outward focused than inward focused?

Rob Bell asks the question:  "If your local church all of sudden left, would your community be grieved?"  Would your community even notice?  I'm not saying the people who go to your church.  I'm talking about the people who live across the street and we don't even know their names.

Jesus said that true religion is this:  Take care of the widows and orphans.  God's law constantly says that we are to take care of the poor.

I am attaching a link to an ABC news video on the face of American Evangelicalism, and I have to say, I agree with them.  Check it out; it's about 10 minutes.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/face-american-evangelicalism-10744135

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS