Building to your Weaknesses

A couple of weeks ago I spoke about building a team to be successful in your VBS.  I am going to expound on that concept a little today. 

It is an awful but very true reality that you cannot do everything and you are not good everything either.  There are just too many jobs out there and too many skills required to accomplish everything that must be done.  This may seem quite obvious, especially if you are doing Group's VBS, which calls for a different leader at each station.  However we still try to do everything that we can and give as little responsibilities to others.  After all VBS is your job. 

If I could I would probably try to do it all, but I know that I am not good at everything, so I try to find people who are.  For instance, I have little to no musical ability, which works fine week to week because I have time to improve, but for VBS there is no way.  Therefore, I intentionally recruit people who have strengths in this area and can do a much better job than I ever dreamed! 

The important thing to remember is that you are not giving away your job just a part of it and not all to one person.  Remember the old saying two heads are better than one?  I take it a step further a whole lot of heads are better than one, and if everyone compliments everyone else strengths and weaknesses not only will you have a topnotch team, but a topnotch VBS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Volunteer Statements for Your Ministry

When You Feel Like It's Time to Go and What to Do About It

5 Things I Learned Switching from Group VBS to Orange VBS